Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point Mexico) Safety Tips:
These Safety tips in Puerto Penasco (Rocky Point Mexico) are meant to be a guide. Using common sense when traveling in the U.S. or in Mexico is really what the “take away” here is.
- Leave your guns, ammo and illicit drugs at home. (They are Illegal in Mexico and taken VERY SERIOUSLY!)
- Medicine is given over the counter. If you are going to bring some back you’ll legally need to have your prescriptions (that includes penicillin) It’s probably a good idea to find out (from your doctor) if you are allergic to penicillin first if you plan on using it.
- Don’t brush your teeth with the water if you don’t have a water filter in your accommodations.
- Don’t use your middle finger as a hand gesture to anyone in a uniform (or to anyone really, it’s just not necessary.)
- Drive slow at night. Plan your trip so that you don’t need to be on the Highways at night.
- Don’t drink and Drive.
- Be kind in Mexico (poor attitudes get bad results in Mexico, unlike the U.S.).
- Use common sense.
- Lock your doors and watch your money as if you were in the U.S.
- If you drink be with friends. (same goes anywhere)
- If you are not used to the Taco Stands then consider staying away from them. (There are some really good ones though: Lucas for chicken and Las Brisas for Beef)
- Water served in the restaurants is filtered or bottled and most of the time ok. Put a squeeze of lime in the glass to take care of the unexpected. (do that at the greasy spoons in the U.S. too btw.)
- The native language in Rocky Point Mexico is Spanish not English.
- Your Auto Insurance is not valid in Mexico. You will need a special “Mexican Insurance” policy to be covered.